The A2573F Aluminum Single Tube Tripod with S4Pro Fluid Video Head from Benro supports up to 8.8 lb loads and can be carried around fairly easily thanks to its compact and lightweight design. Moreover, with the head featuring a 60mm flat base and 3/8"-16 threaded hole, it can be removed from the tripod and efficiently mounted directly on sliders, jibs, and other support gear. Overall, you get a versatile system with single-tube legs that fold up neatly.
The S4Pro head is natively set at 1 step of counterbalance. At the push of a button on the side of the head, an additional step is added to total 2 steps. Next to that button is a release switch that takes you back to 1 step. There is no zero setting. The head features fixed pan and tilt drag and has independent pan and tilt locks. The tilt range is +90/-75°, and the pan range is a full 360°.
Some parts of the head are made of magnesium and other parts of aluminum. Virtually the entire head, including its knobs, is made of robust yet lightweight metal. A pan bar is included that can be attached to a rosette adapter on the left or right side of the head, for left- or right-handed users. A camera plate is included that can be adjusted forward/backward to let you find the optimal balance for your camera. A safety lock on the plate ensures that once mounted, the plate won't slip out if you move it in either direction too much. Two camera screws are supplied—1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16—that can be stored underneath the camera plate on the head itself, in dedicated slots. For attaching accessories, there's a 1/4"-20 threaded hole on each side of the head to which you can secure articulating arms.
The A2573F is a 2-stage/3-section tripod featuring a flat base center column. With the head attached, the tripod reaches a maximum height of 70" with the column fully extended. With the column retracted, it stands at approximately 63" maximum. The minimum height is 16.3", which is an advantageous low height that isn't common among most tripods. At this height, you can set up the tripod for low angle shots in time-lapse and other applications. Each leg of the tripod is independently adjustable into three positions. Being able to snap the legs into one of these three positions will let you set up quickly and efficiently. Making things even more efficient, the center column has a leveling adapter so that you can adjust the position of the fluid head without having to adjust the tripod legs. The center column also has a weight hook for sandbags and other loads you can hang off of it for additional stability. The A2573F tripod features rubber and spiked feet for use on virtually all types of surfaces.
S4Pro Fluid Head
- 8.8 lb payload
- 60mm flat base with a 3/8"-16 thread
- Compatible with 60mm flat base tripods and can be mounted directly on most sliders, jibs, and monopods
- 1-2 steps of counterbalance
- Fixed pan and tilt drag
- Independent pan and tilt locks
- +90/-75° tilt range
- 360° pan range
- Made of magnesium and aluminum
- Rosette adapters on the left and right side for attaching the included pan bar
- Sliding camera plate with safety lock
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 camera screws included and can be stored in dedicated spaces on the top of the head, underneath the camera plate
- Two 1/4"-20 threaded holes for accessories
- Maximum height of 70" with the S4Pro attached and center column extended
- Low-angle minimum height of 16.3"
- Single-tube legs independently adjustable into three positions
- Leveling adapter on the end of the center column
- Spiked and rubber feet
- Flip leg locks
- Aluminum construction